❖ Job Summary
PMO or Project Management Office Managers are accountable for managing business projects and ensuring they get completed within budget and time. They are also responsible for confirming that everyone on the team complies with the company’s standards during the execution and development of each project.
This role also leverages the project management framework to execute IT projects through the project lifecycle to deliver business value.
❖ Job Goals & Objectives
PMO’s main objective is to execute, control, and complete projects to achieve business profitability and sustain business growth. He should ensure that the programs and portfolios are aligned with operational and strategic objectives.
He is responsible for providing management reports, establishing guidelines and governance framework.
He should lead the intake process for project requests and works with project sponsors, business stakeholders, and concerned managers to ensure that business cases and project charters are appropriately documented and meet project standards and practices.
❖ Key Functional Responsibilities to PMO Manager
▪ Responsible for IT Portfolio processes such as IT planning, portfolio governance, project methodology framework, resource capacity management, and project execution for all IT projects
▪ Manage daily activities to ensure that programs and projects meet organizational goals and requirements
▪ Responsible for coordinating with other department heads to design programs and projects.
▪ Supervise project management staff, offering guidance on PMO processes and policies, and
administering everyday activities.
▪ Provides guidance and advice towards project/program deliverables, issues, processes, and risks
▪ Provide administrative support for the project management team and standardize the project-related
making and highlight constraint to project team and escalate if not resolved in time
▪ Ensure project management standards are being executed across the IT project portfolio
▪ Drive improvements into the PMO program and ensure industry best practices are leveraged
▪ Oversees the IT project manager and project coordinator roles for the organization.
▪ Manage and motivate team members throughout the project life cycle, and ensure they aligned with the
business objectives and Plans
▪ Implement project communications including project steering committee meetings and status reports
Direct, coordinate and follow up with the team members to ensure the projects are delivered on time and within budget
❖ Key Performance Indicators – PMO Manager
Includes but not limited to:
▪ Project Completion Rates (% of projects at Red, Amber, Green status and on time) ▪ Project Management Training to Project Team and Resource Utilization Rate
▪ Reduced project failure rates
▪ Buffer Rate Utilization
❖ Work Environment and Conditions
▪ Working conditions will be adequate for an office environment or otherwise.
▪ The Company’s Jeddah headquarters shall be the working base of the PMO Manager ▪ Official timings shall follow KSA Ministry of Labor laws
▪ Work may require frequent weekend and/or evening attendance.
Qualification Requirements Education and / or Experience
➢ Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Project Management/ Business Administration, or any related field, from reputed University.
➢ At least 10+ years of experience with the latest 4 years being in similar position.
➢ PMP, PgMP, PfMP Certificates are must and an experience in SAP Implementation is preferrable.
➢ Ability to read and write Arabic and English.
➢ Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical
procedures, or governmental regulations and interprets common legal documents.
➢ Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills.
➢ Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
➢ Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
➢ Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even
if limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation; can overcome resistance to
leadership and take unpopular stands when necessary
➢ Ability to learn and get trained on new techniques and principles